Katidids

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It's learning to look past life's imperfections





Looking for knitting updates? Find them here!
Katidids Knits

Be sure and say Hi!

Sunday, July 5, 2009

How to Feed a Large Family or Small Town



Have a large family to feed?
(I said we were Clan size didn't I?
This is only about half, the weather & fear of rain kept most away)
CHICKENS!

Easy Peasy Meal!





Find a wonderful Amish farmer...















Have a nephew with the family do-it-yourself gene....
Who built a "barbecue Pit" & motor


and is nice enough to open his home to family



stuff your purchase in a spare fridge
(remove shelves first!)


& when its time

bravely open the fridge to transport your purchase..

I guess we could have at least stuck a flag or flower in its mouth!





have a Nephew & BIL willing to stay up all night manning the pit


He looks a little to comfy don't ya think!


154 lbs of pure pork,
about 80 hungry people

Best of all, NO DISHES!

Leftovers?
They fit in 2 Gallon baggies.
OINK OINK!






4 comments:

  1. The horror! SQUEAL!

    I'd faint if I opened the fridge and saw that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the only part of that that I would have a problem with would be shoving the spit through... yuck. Other than that... YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A whole pig is why it wouldn't shut? lol Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why is it that when I was little and attended hog roasts, it didn't even phase me, however now I am horrified! Don't get me wrong, I love pork however I just could not stand to watch a whole hog being roasted! And I certainly don't want to see it in the fridge like that!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping in I love hearing from my bloggy friends!
Katie