All the projects you want to do, even those that seem or sound silly to write down. See this wood pile? There are 2 that look like this..A little thing that is driving me craZy! I love to look at the snow but I don’t want to be out in it so first semi warm day, I’m restacking it. Yes I know Mr.Fix-it would do it but, it’s something I can do which saves him for other things like…..enclosing the carport for a 2nd bathroom and moving the laundry room up from the basement. Oh and A STUDIO FOR MEEEEEE! OK, enough there or I’ll never stop..
Anyway, list your projects out & supplies needed. It helps for budget & planning. You’ll be able to watch for sales to purchase items needed & possibly do a bit of prep work ahead of time. Also preparing a supply list helps you be aware of great deals for trade or “found “ items. For example, an older person we we know just moved into a new home & replaced the standard toilet with a elevated one. We have a new/free toilet for the new bathroom! Someone we know said “OH, That’s just gross!” Well, if its basically new & I would have used it while visiting its good enough for my house!
So, the start of my summer chore list, in no particular order:
1. Clean out pond drain
2. Thin the Lilies & Hosta around the pond
3, replace lattice on deck end
5. Power wash back deck
6. Stain Deck
7. Build stairs to patio
8. Plant Garden
9. Plant Herb Garden
10. Spring pruning
11. Install a clothesline
12. Build frame for blackberries
13. Remove gross dark paneling from the living room & hall
14. Pull carpet from living room & hall
15. Install hardwood to living room & hall
16. Replace window sills in living room & bedroom 1 & 2
17. Remove gross green fake wood paneling from bedroom #1
18. Enclose carport for bath, laundry & studio & add new entry to living room
19. Shelves stored in the garage to basement for canned goods
20. Arbor between house & garage for shade
21. shampoo family room carpet
22. repaint living room
23. repaint kitchen
24. repaint bedroom #1
25. Garden & Can
Yep, it looks like we’re in for a busy summer! We have been planning the addition for the past 2 years, slowly gathering quite a bit of the supplies. The deck stain we purchased last year on sale, the lattice we are waiting to go on sale. We’ll replace it before I stain the deck so it all matches. Paint I’ll wait for a good sale & pick up to have ready….& I need to add carpet edging for the bedrooms to the list when we pull up the hall carpet….
I think I need a larger note pad!
The Projaholics are back!
What are your plans for the summer?