Katidids

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It's learning to look past life's imperfections





Looking for knitting updates? Find them here!
Katidids Knits

Be sure and say Hi!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Quiet Weekend Knitting

Not a lot going on this weekend.  Saturday I spent the day doing things around the house and of course knitting.  Mr Fix It spent part of Sunday at Top Of the Hill 3D Archery .   Kent & Janet have become wonderful friends. They have such a beautiful farm and it makes a great day out to go visit them.  Any time of the year is beautiful with the foliage & hills.  The Archery course they set up is designed for all levels with a lot of fun targets. 

I worked on a pair of custom longiesgray longies new dye 012 A nice dense merino I dyed to a rainbow with gray trim & pocket.  These will be on the way to Alaska to a Military Mama as soon as they are dry.  I’m dyeing the wool for another pair for her & also a few hats & fingerless mitts for her children.  I always worry I’ll get the colors right for customs but so far we’ve had a kind of mind meld across the miles that has worked!

I’ve been looking at some of the Michael Miller fabrics like these  here & here  that are so popular, trying to come up with a few coordinates in wool

MM 020 Chocolate with Orchid trim Shorties are the start.  They use traditional color combos but so many of the designs although beautiful, are not colors you would think to pair. I still have to get them listed to the Katidids Etsy shop…. I think something with olive next…..

I have another pair of shorties drying and a skirty on the needles now, no photo’s yet but maybe tomorrow.

Most of the snow has melted and everything looks dirty~that transitional time that is just yucky, you can tell the soils just itching to pop some green!

I think maybe I’ll start some seeds this week!

What have you been up to?

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I wanted to know if you spun your own wool or if you bought it? I have a farmer freind who throws her sheep wool in the landfill! I have asked if I could have it and she said sure, I'll call you when it's shearing time. So I'm going to find out how to wash it so I can use it as stuffing for my sewing projects. But I also was looking to find out how it is spun into yarn. I have yet to learn how to knit but I can crochet. so if I can work the wool right... I love free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dom, I use a drop spindle, but I do purchase the wool. I would love to learn how to clean fleeces etc...I've heard its a lonnnng dirty process but I think the end results would be a worthy reward! Knowing and completing the entire process would be worth it! Oh, I can get over tossing it out!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping in I love hearing from my bloggy friends!
Katie