Katidids

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It's learning to look past life's imperfections





Looking for knitting updates? Find them here!
Katidids Knits

Be sure and say Hi!

Friday, January 23, 2009

Rachel Up Dates..Prayers Answered!!!


Just received this from Rachel, she was at work and could not call so.................

HI ALL!!

Wanted to pass on the latest update from the doctor…are you ready?? First, I have to say that I’ve been waiting a long time to write this (over a year in fact!!) but as of Wednesday, January 21, 2009, I am officially in REMISSION!!
I’ve been dying all day waiting to hear from them-and they finally called to give me the news just after 3! They said that the biopsy they took on Wednesday looks great and while the cells aren’t the healthiest, there are NO MALIGNANT CELLS! As of right now, we are going to start tapering off the radiation treatments w/them ending in March; I will still have to 2 chemo pills for at least 3 more months. (The doctors think that I’ll have to be on them for 6 months, but we’ll revisit it each month and decide). I will also keep going every month for checkups for at least 6mo, just to make sure that everything is still all clear and then will hopefully drop to every 2-3 months after that.

*I want to thank everyone for all your prayers and support- they’ve meant so much to both Adam and I.
Rachel

Feel Free to join me in the HAPPY DANCE!!

5 comments:

  1. That is so wonderful!! I am happy for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears of joy over here. What a fantastic way to end the week. Praying for continued blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is great and I am so happy to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful news! Doing a celebratory dance here for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since I am fairly new to your blog, I was not aware that you have a daughter fighting Cancer. Praise God for her good news!! My third daughter Kris, reached her five year anniversary during the summer of 08. I am so thankful every day for her returning health.
    Yeah Rachael!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping in I love hearing from my bloggy friends!
Katie