Katidids

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It's learning to look past life's imperfections





Looking for knitting updates? Find them here!
Katidids Knits

Be sure and say Hi!

Monday, October 5, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up

Well yesterday I tied a rope to my waist and ventured into scary places…..the basement.  The laundry room to be more precise….I’m not quite brave enough for the rest of it yet!

Digging under the basement stairs I have removed about 6 tubs of infant clothing, 5 bags for goodwill…boxes of summer/winter clothes stored for the next season that had been forgotten…just some of the “stuff” tucked away dawn there.  The depository of “I don’t know what to do with it stuff”.   It all needs cleaned out to move the shelves down for canned good and canning supplies.  Yes the last batch of canned goods are still on the kitchen counter I’m ashamed to admit.  Although that may be a good thing as I’ve decided to change how I was going to arrange things.  Now that things are being pitched removed the room is becoming much larger than I remember!

I was saved in the afternoon by Erika calling and reminding me of Isaiah’s first flag football game!  It has to bee one one of the most funny games I have ever watched!  014 His first practice was 30 minutes before the game.  Now he’s played catch & understands the principals of a touchdown (which is more than I do) But, he’s 6.  At one point his coach put him in position and said “say here “ so he did……  While the others ran down the field! Another child had the ball, ran for a touch down, while others chased him trying to get his flag & he ran off the field crying because “all those kids were chasing me!”

He even had his own cheering section

020

Miss Evie in her to small hat, Bad Grandma!

061 

So maybe we went a bit to far

We celebrated with .89Cent burritos at Taco Bell.

I did get a bit of knitting done, finishing up some stock & custom longies

Cream and blue fleck with Navy cuffs & waist   cream 016

Blue and Green Longies, I could not capture this colorway very well, the cuffs & waist are royal blue to match the royal blue and greens 006

There are a few other things I’ve yet to take photos of, but I’ll get to those today. 

Well I get to play with miss Evie this morning & she’s due any time

How was your weekend?

Have a great Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Awww, poor Isaiah must have been terrified with all the kids chasing him! LOL

    Evie is adorable and it sounds like you made some progress on the basement! Good for you! I don't venture into my storage area too much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE me some grandbabies! :o)

    We spent the weekend chasing Itty Bitty. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping in I love hearing from my bloggy friends!
Katie