Katidids

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It's learning to look past life's imperfections





Looking for knitting updates? Find them here!
Katidids Knits

Be sure and say Hi!

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

"To Do" Wednesday

Do you have a “To Do” List?
I’m a list maker, if I don’t list out things I want to do, complete, start, find, write (get the idea?) I forget.
Often I’ll list household chores as, some days it feels like you’ve been working your fanny off and have nothing to show for it.
I like that since of accomplishment of seeing things checked off the list.
It also helps me better budget my time for other things like sewing & knitting.

One of my goals for the year was to organize this house.
I know which layer things are under but, for some reason few others in my family have this God Given built in sonar. I was off to a pretty good start until we combined households & are now near bursting at the seams.
Our entire basement has become a storage area, a maze of boxes furniture and bags. I gave up on organizing for a while. But, bit-by-bit I’m finding my way through.
Starting in the laundry room. It’s become a dumping area of all things no one wants to deal with; out-grown children’s clothes, ill-fitting/wrong season adult clothing, blankets and extra pillows.….I mean, who has extra pillows!
My canning supplies are on shelves behind all of this stuff…
Better get started on that list…….
Goodwill’s going to love me

5 comments:

  1. I love to write things out and see them in print too. Like you said, it keeps me on track, and lets me know that even if my house still doesn't look like I did anything, I get to mark something off of my list lol.
    Just recently I bought a dry erase calendar and noteboard to put on the fridge to write down things that need done and that way if hubby tries to complain then I show him the board. (though sometimes.. it should probably have more done on it! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, lists! They are a great support in keeping us focused on tasks. Good luck with your Wednesday 'to-do's'! I'm also addressing clutter and disorganized areas of my home too, the basement and garage in particular. It's springtime and feels good to get at it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, reorganizing! That's what I've been up to this past week too. That's why I haven't been online much lately. But thanks for checking up on me; it made my day! I posted a blog just for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's too bad about your sister's job too. That's crazy that they would make all teachers be bilingual. I can see an ESL (English as a Second Language) teacher needing to be bilingual, but all teachers?! I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Check out www.flylady.net for lots of help on getting de-cluttered. She sends out daily missions; each week is focussed on a different area. Just about all take only 15 minutes or less; and once a week you do a 'house blessing'--a more detailed over-all cleaning.
    I also love Freecycle for getting rid of unwanted items. I LOVE knowing who is getting my kids' old clothes and toys, and I have 'adopted' a couple families that really appreciate our cast offs.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping in I love hearing from my bloggy friends!
Katie