Katidids

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It's learning to look past life's imperfections





Looking for knitting updates? Find them here!
Katidids Knits

Be sure and say Hi!

Monday, March 2, 2009

Tired of Winter

I love all the seasons, heat of summer, crisp air & leaves changing in the fall. I even enjoy the barren trees in winter, especially when the sun is setting behind them. Every season has its own beauty. But, I have to say I'm tired of winter! The sun is shining beautifully today, stepped out side in a sweatshirt and about froze! There is a strong 14 degree wind that has a big bite!
I've been staying inside as much as possible thinking/dreaming of warmer days. Like digging in the flowerbeds & garden, planning new landscaping at the base of the new patio....(I can hear Larry groaning now & as he knows my plans will change at least 4 times before I find the "right" design idea) So for now, I'm staying and playing with my indoor garden, the dye pots. Here are a few of the latest.

"New Zealand Waters"
This past summer we were fortunate enough to travel to New Zealand. One of my favorite places on earth is Queenstown. We dream of someday returning. One afternoon we took a short cruise on Lake Wakatipu returning at dusk. The lake, formed by glacier & filled by melt is surrounded by mountains is breathtaking! The water is so deep, it is a crystal clear aqua blue. Sunset cast shades of purple on the water. This is as close as I could ever come to replicating the colors of that day. Its hard to believe but the water was this color




"Earths Bounty"
All the richness of a summer garden, lettuce, squash, tomatoes, spinach, corn, cucumbers...mmm...makes me hungry!







"Isaiah's World"
Digging in the dirt, mowing, planting in the garden, playing in the sunshine.... a tired little boy riding on the tractor with grandpa at dusk with dirt rings on his neck.










"A Rose in Winter"
The last of the blooms, after the first frost.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for stopping in I love hearing from my bloggy friends!
Katie