Katidids

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It's learning to look past life's imperfections





Looking for knitting updates? Find them here!
Katidids Knits

Be sure and say Hi!

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Day in the Dye Pot

Saturday, (I know I'm late, way behind in posting) was a blast. No laundry or dishes were done. I played almost all day! I spent the day dyeing fiber for longies.

I've had "pink" on the brain for so long I needed to come up with color combinations for boys, just in case.
Isaiah took one look at this one and said it looks like a Lizard!
so, we have "Grass Lizard" Slated to be large longies, I have trim for waist and cuff in the Blue.

Medium to deep Green, Orange & medium Navy Blue







"Denim & Lace" I love Navy and Pink combined.
I was very pleased with how this came out . Navy, Wine and White with every shade in between.












"Wine & Roses"
Just as the name says graduated color from pale Rose to Deep Wine. There should be enough here for large longies.

"Pretty Pansies"
Multi shades of Pink, Purple & touches of White.



"Tide Pool"
Graduated dip dyed of Navy & Teal.
The photo doesn't show it well but the colors are graduated through the skein.
I'll start with the light shades at the waist and will be deepest at the cuff.



1 comment:

Hey! Thanks for stopping in I love hearing from my bloggy friends!
Katie