Katidids

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It's learning to look past life's imperfections





Looking for knitting updates? Find them here!
Katidids Knits

Be sure and say Hi!

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Playing with Koolaid

After hearing so much about Koolaid dyeing, I had to give it a try this weekend.
I dipped one end into a berry color and got a rich pink, separated out 3 other sections for lime, blue and purple. I used the stove top method and found it so easy! This batch is skeined and in process of becoming a soaker.


After my first success I had to go for a 2nd attempt. My red came out as a deep Coral pink, almost a watermelon. Overall, I'm very pleased with the results.
My batteries died so I'll have photos of the other 4 I did tomorrow.

1 comment:

Hey! Thanks for stopping in I love hearing from my bloggy friends!
Katie