Katidids

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It's learning to look past life's imperfections





Looking for knitting updates? Find them here!
Katidids Knits

Be sure and say Hi!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Poppel Hat, Instant Gratification Free Pattern

After these past few hectic weeks I needed some "Instant Gratification" Quick and easy, and a great Stash Buster! The ribs allow for a snug fit, It almost grips the head. I loved them as it was less time hunting in the yard for hats!
I call this the Poppel hat. Remember the poppel toys from the mid 80's? Not the plush toys, the plastic accordion type linking toy. I think there was a collapsible storage container system on the market for about 2 weeks!
Sz 7 needles
Worsted Weight,
Child size cast on 72

A simple stocking hat cast on for your size, simply knit in the round to approximately 3 inches. (My children preferred the ridges to start past the forehead.)
Purl for 4 rows, knit 6 rows, purl 4 rows.continue this repeat until it is long enough. Start your decreases here. Divide your stitches by 4 and place markers. K2tog at marker, every 2-3 rows depending on the size. (smaller sizes decrease
I usually k2tog every 3 rows (for a child)keeping in the pattern. Repeat until 12 stitches remain Thread through the last 12 stitches and tie off. It will come to a point and nestle in ridges. You can add a pom pom, but I prefer a I cord. These look great with k2, p2 ribbing for 1 inch, and knit at least 2 inches prior to starting the ribs. This is the first time I've written a patten down (such as it is) so feel free to comment if you have questions.

1 comment:

Hey! Thanks for stopping in I love hearing from my bloggy friends!
Katie