Katidids

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It's learning to look past life's imperfections





Looking for knitting updates? Find them here!
Katidids Knits

Be sure and say Hi!

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Empty Nesting & Cleaning Out


There have been a lot of changes in our house this past month! We are, (Drum Roll Please) officially Empty-Nesters! Right now with beautiful weather, we have been pretty building the rock wall, gardening and other summer activities so its not so hard. Come winter months I know it will be tough.
What amazed me is what they did not take with them. Looking around & finding all the “important stuff” they couldn't’t toss out thru the years. On the back of one closet shelf I found a” trick or treat” pumpkin basket… stuffed full of high school notes. After reading one I tossed the rest. Some things a Mom just does not need to know! How about dance recital costumes and butterfly wings from another, 7 curling irons? My kids were pack rats! Gee, I wonder where they got it…Really made me look around and see what I have collected. There will be one Big yard sale soon. Why did I keep a broken VCR? Passed the book shelf, cleared out 4 bags of paperbacks, and you can’t tell! I went down to the basement, or “The Pit” . People have been known to go down there and never be seen again. More costumes, athletic gear, boxes we moved here 15 yrs ago! Cases of canning jars I forgot about…I’m on a mission to clean it out and organize, room by room, closet by closet, cabinet by cabinet. I’m only about a quarter of the way thru the house but it has been freeing. This is a big house but it’s stuffed like a Christmas Turkey, for just a little bit longer. What did your kids leave behind? One positive thing..I can park where I want to!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for stopping in I love hearing from my bloggy friends!
Katie