What a beautiful morning!
It’s nice and cool with bit of misty fog. The kind of morning that leaves you no doubt fall has arrived & creates that since of urgency to hurry and finish outside tasks. All summer I’ve had this strong feeling we will have a long hard winter. No specific reason, just that stuck in your gut worry.
That’s what’s weird, it has me worried for reasons I can’t explain….. We are more prepared for cold weather now than ever before. Maybe it’s the lack of harvest from the garden? I know I just have this nearly frantic feeling nearly a panic,,, to stock up, batten down the hatches and be ready for anything. Tell me I’m being crazy, please!
Ugh, It was a near paralyzing fear for a few days but I’m trying to get through it by working on the fall “gotta-do” list.
- Finish pruning the neighbors shrubs, yes still half done
- prune or remove our ugly shrubs (still deciding)
- Plant the last of the strawberry babies (I forgot about them) & mulch the bed.
- Finish the garden clean up when the pumpkins are done.
- Build the new compost bins-using pallets. I need to clear the space backed up to the woods
We also have a few trees who were victim of the draught that will need to be removed & another on the slope by the pond to Isaac. The storm took out a main branch so we need to determine if it will even survive. We’ve lost about a dozen trees the past 5 years to storms & would like to keep all we can. They make nice windbreaks & protect the house.
Add a few repairs to the outside we’ve waited to do in cooler weather. I know there are a million other things to add to the but these are the most pressing.
So, am I being neurotic about winter?