Its been a super busy week, Kitchen garden is ready to be planted.
Isaiah & I ran out to Earth First and got 2 scoops/2 yards of compost nearly killing the poor trailer. After we were loaded and driving home I noticed what I thought was heavy exhaust coming from the van. It’s not been driven in months and figured it needed a serious tune up. Turned out it was the tire smoking!! It was rubbing on the bed of the trailer. Here I thought all those nice folks waving were being super friendly & admiring my towing skillz!
Thank goodness it was a old country road & not heavily traveled so I ever so slowly drove to a wide farm driveway and called for reinforcements.
The guys used some tie down straps a cinched up the trailer sides so I could on without transferring the load (thank goodness!) Unfortunately when we got home I couldn’t get the end board of the trailer off to easily dump and spread bits of it at a time….so Isaiah & I shoveled it out. Talk about a work out! It was 87 degrees and felt like 100. We tried to make a a game of, took a few breaks spraying each other with the hose & got it done
Kitchen Garden… Done and ready for planting
Raspberries are in the ground, I put them in last week but needed to wait for a trip to the lumber store to get posts for the trellis. After Mr. Fix- it cut them to length, Evie & I put them in last weekend. Instead of using the wire fencing I think for this frame we’re going with wire strands. Cheaper…much cheaper. Originally we used wire fencing for sturdiness & thinking long term. The grid on the blackberries is nice for weaving in and controlling the vines but we would loose some berry clusters as the vines grew. Hopefully the standard wires will be different.
Have a great weekend!