Katidids

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It's learning to look past life's imperfections





Looking for knitting updates? Find them here!
Katidids Knits

Be sure and say Hi!

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Gardening Journaling

I’ve been reading quite a few blogs that mention gardening journals…but none really say what they write or, take note of.  Specific seeds used & germination rate?

Planting dates?

Do you do this?

Do you maintain a journal? 

Do they really help?  and what the heck do you keep track of?  I would honestly love some feedback on a way to organize a journal and what has been helpful to you…as there are  times this gardening novice rack her brain trying to remember when I amended this or that, when to do it again. 

I think it would be helpful for planning next springs garden, and I’d have the winter to set one up.

What works for you?

Katie

1 comment:

  1. A journal is a great place to keep track of when you planted what, and where, and how well it did. That's what I use my blog for--I have a side bar listing for planting dates....one for harvest dates (when the cukes started rolling in, etc) and I also write what I did or didn't like. It's hard to remember from day to day, let alone next year. It's just a great record. You could do this in a plain notebook, online on a blog, or get a really pretty, special book. The hardest part is just starting. Good luck!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping in I love hearing from my bloggy friends!
Katie