Katidids

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It's learning to look past life's imperfections





Looking for knitting updates? Find them here!
Katidids Knits

Be sure and say Hi!

Friday, February 10, 2012

Protein & A bit of Sewing

Yesterday, I saw this post on Facebook by my youngest daughter Erika (Evie & Isaiah’s mom)

 Erika:FYI: There are 3 grams of protein in a Hershey's Bar.

Last night’s supper was fridge clean out, so just incase our protein intake was low we decided to give it a boost….

Chocolate pound cake

007

With just a little bit of icing

008

On the crafting front…

Still finishing up the bedding for the girls room.

The quilts we put together from my fabric stash.  Having worked in a fabric store for 8 years I learned that fabric breeds (because I won’t admit I purchased all that is in the basement!)

Simple bright shades cut to 3 inch strips & each quilt bordered and backed in different shades of purple.

Evie & Alix's Quilts 001

These have been done for a few months, Erika’s patiently waited for the rest.

I pulled all the scraps from the quilts together to make a bumper pad for Alix. I’ve sewn all the strips/scraps together and will cut the new “fabric” to face one side of the bumper & the quilt print backing for the back side

001

If there are any scraps from this, I’ll piece those to make a tiny quilt for Evie’s doll bed as a birthday gift.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for stopping in I love hearing from my bloggy friends!
Katie