Katidids

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It's learning to look past life's imperfections





Looking for knitting updates? Find them here!
Katidids Knits

Be sure and say Hi!

Monday, May 26, 2008

Projaholics, Yard Art & Lemonade


When we had to pull out the old garage floor, we had a HUGE mound of concrete I refer to as our “Yard Art”. What size do would you like, I can offer anything from 1 inch to 6 inch deep, and just about any size of slab! Hmmm….lemons….Lemonade!




Later this summer we were planning to create a court yard/patio area between the garage and house. It’s shaped like a slice of pie and just not quite big enough for our size family. Weeks ago, Larry & I were talking and agreed if we could extend it out “just a few feet” it would work. So yesterday morning we began pulling apart the Yard Art and started building a retaining wall. It will allow us to extend the patio area an additional 10ft in length and 12-13 ft in width!
We were going to purchase rock slabs to do this but…with a little bit of creativity we’ll work with what we have. Had a great crew, my husband (the mastermind) of course, daughters Erika and Danielle, Erika’s boy friend Chris, Larry’s dad and my grandson Isaiah. 4 generations playing with big puzzle pieces….big HEAVY puzzle pieces. And a lot more to go!
4 generations! Can you taste the Lemonade? I think we will enjoy the memories of this as much as the use of the area we are creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for stopping in I love hearing from my bloggy friends!
Katie