Katidids

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It's learning to look past life's imperfections





Looking for knitting updates? Find them here!
Katidids Knits

Be sure and say Hi!

Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Craft room cometh!

I’m getting a craft room! We are enclosing our car-port to move the laundry room upstairs and also creating a 2nd bathroom. The rest is MINE! It’ is still in the planning stages for the interior so I’m asking what is the favorite thing in your “room” or work area. I have a lot of ideas and but not sure how it will all fit together. What are your coulda/shoulda /woulda’s? I will be using it as a sewing/knitting room so, your comments & suggestions will be greatly appreciated. What was the best thing you did, what are the things you wish you had done differently?

I went on line searching and found a website (and have lost the link) with the ideal (in my mind) sewing set up, L-shaped for sewing machine & serger. Cone and spool thread on the wall within easy reach. A free floating table. I think a table against the wall would be too limiting for pattern & quilt layout. Windows, 2 big windows for natural sunlight. Storage for knitting, sewing and craft books.

The knitting storage is where I’m stumped. I think I would prefer open mesh cubes on the wall, yarn off the floor and visible. The type Anne at the Grinny Possum uses would be great as I could adjust them to meet my current need. Hmmm, a room that floats, where I am able to adjust the room to accommodate my current needs. Wow, with all these plans & ideas I need to measure the space again! I look forward to hearing all your ideas and suggestions

1 comment:

  1. I think in my dream craft room I'd want cabinets (or cubes) that had glass doors for my yarn and books, so I could see everything and it would stay clean and not get dusty. A nice comfy chair & ottoman set would be great for knitting in ! Of course I'd also need a tv/dvd player so I can watch my movies while I craft. Oh yeah, and dead bolt that locks from the inside so noone can bother me! Can't wait to see pics of what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping in I love hearing from my bloggy friends!
Katie