Katidids

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It's learning to look past life's imperfections





Looking for knitting updates? Find them here!
Katidids Knits

Be sure and say Hi!

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Happy Easter

Late I know!

We had a house full for Easter, nearly bursting at the seams.

Rachel and Hayden were here & is that boy ever growing! The move to S.C. has been great as far as school goes.  The special needs classes are focused on education with skill building not just warehousing & boy howdy does it show!  The classes seem to focus on the needs and enhancing the abilities of each individual child not the typical “lets learn this song” we’d seen before.

Friday night we had taco’s, I know, it should have been fish but Haden asked for Tacos so….what could I do but say yes!

Erika and her 3 Isaiah, Evie & Alix filled the sleeper sofa and a pallet …our BIL Mike took Isaiah’s room. (I’m so thankful for the second bathroom!)

After services we shared a big breakfast and the boys played hard enough they put themselves down for a rest!

Boys Resting

It was fun to listen and watch them play, I would see the bits of my children’s personalities that had filtered down to their children

Supper was shared as a pitch-in with with Mr.Fix-Its family. Our contribution was a large crock pot of mashed potato’s. 10 pound potato’s were pealed and boiling quickly with 3 of us working together…..LOOK WHAT we found  inside one potato! 

  Easter

Those subtle reminders of grace ….from a simple man who gave all on the cross

Hope your Easter was as blessed as ours

Katie

Technorati Tags: ,,

 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time! I am so happy you spent such quality time with them all. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter to you and yours.

    Sounds like you had a great family get together. Mashed potatoes, my favorite. I love the cross found inside your potato, gentle reminders of grace :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping in I love hearing from my bloggy friends!
Katie