Katidids

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It's learning to look past life's imperfections





Looking for knitting updates? Find them here!
Katidids Knits

Be sure and say Hi!

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Needles or Chopsticks

Did you know knitting needles are considered terrorist tools by airline staff? I purchased Size 7, plastic 16in circular needles to use on the plane. Security said they were fine not a problem. Not long enough or sharp enough to use as a weapon. On the way over, I had this "Tikki Dress" nearly to the half way point. The flight from Sydney to Melbourne? Not a chance. They almost took it from me on the plane! Said it is not allowed and to dangerous to have the needles. I said security let me through saying they were fine but....no go. To "sharp" to have out around other passengers so, I put it away............ And noticed chopsticks were offered upon request for meals. Hmmmm wonder what she would have done if I borrowed a pair or, pulled out 2 pencils and started a scarf....I'm just sayin......

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog :) LOVE that little dress - so cute!! I can't believe the airline people made you stop knitting...guess it was that killer plastic needle. Perhaps they thought you might poke someone to death.

    Next time, cast on to the chopsticks. I would ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that dress! I'm going to have to make one....soon! It would make a great jumper as well since we're into fall/winter.
    I wonder if you could sharpen chop sticks with a pencil sharpener and knit away?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same problem when I flew to Australia from Canada 2 years ago, I had started a blanket on circular needles and was told they were fine to take on the plane but the staff on the flight said NO! so I put them away but I did crochet with a pen just to prove my point and nobody said anything until the end of the flight when a lady came up to me and said YOU ROCK my Fellow Crafter, Way To Go! On the flight home to Canada I just didn't bother with the knitting I read a Yarn Harlot Book...

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping in I love hearing from my bloggy friends!
Katie