Katidids

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It's learning to look past life's imperfections





Looking for knitting updates? Find them here!
Katidids Knits

Be sure and say Hi!

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Birthday Goodies & Rachel Up Dates

Is it just me or has July been a Crazy month for you? I feel like we hit the ground running every morning and have nothing accomplished!
I celebrated my birthday on the 8th & was I ever spoiled! My oldest Daughter Danielle made a wonderful 3 layer Chocolate Cake, butter cream frosting. MMMMMM Good! No photos, we started eating it to fast! She also gave me a book on birds I have been wanting,” The Sibley Field Guide to Birds of Eastern North America” A great outfit from Erika, which I love! Will be great to use in Florida next week.Larry the ultimate fixer & thoughtful husband out did himself this year. I use the “back of the chair “ method to wind skeins on my ball winder. I somehow always manage to tangle the last few yards. Larry came home at the end of such a cobweb tangle and said “isn’t there a tool for that”? After my mental YES arm pumping Tap dance, I explained with the addition expenses etc. I would rather hold off making that purchase.
Of course that does not apply to yarn!
So, this was one of my gifts from him, A large Ashford Swift.!

Cuts my winding time in half.

He also gave me a OBN Photo Light Tent. No wonder he couldn't find the “right box” to make one! I’ve been taking late afternoon-evening photos, bet he thinks super will be on time now LOL! Now I just need to learn how to use it.

I have accomplished some test knitting & started on a few Christmas gifts. Yes, I said it Christmas. Starting now I possibly will have them completed by the 24th!

The best news I had was from Rachel. Another good check up, no new Cancer cells & the site is actually SHRINKING!!



With news like that July is proving to be a wonderful month

1 comment:

  1. Ooh.......Happy Birthday :)
    And great news about your daughter...thats brilliant!!

    Love
    Sarah xXx

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping in I love hearing from my bloggy friends!
Katie