Katidids

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It's learning to look past life's imperfections





Looking for knitting updates? Find them here!
Katidids Knits

Be sure and say Hi!

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Eye candy in the mail















I picked up yesterdays mail, and received EYE CANDY!! An order from one of my new favorite "Yarn Queen's", Monkeypal hand-dyed yarns! Monkeypal.etsy.com I know its a shameless plug but they are not only beautiful but wonderful to knit with and wear. I found her on etsy.com. If you haven't made a visit to Etsy you really need to. Every thing's handmade. Clothing to yard-art and beyond! All the wonderful arts we as a society are losing to "fast food" shopping. Ok, so I'm over my social rant. (I'll save that for another time!) ;0. Here's the only issue. I FED THE STASH! I set myself a new rule. I have to knit 3 items to purchase another skein of yarn. (Unless of course its to finish a project or..on sale) So, its sitting on my table, in all its glory waiting for me to meet my self-imposed goals. Just staring at me saying na na na na na! Is this cheating, I said items, i didn't specify what type or size the project had to be. So, I'm knocking out some bibs, hats & mitts for my shop.

1 comment:

  1. There's nothing in the world quite like opening a box of new yarns in the mail.

    In answer to your question in your sidebar about does yarn count as insulation, we have a closet in our family room with a wall to the garage with no insulation, just brick back behind there. I do insulate there with Rubbermaids of wool, and it does make a huge difference!

    --AlisonH at spindyeknit.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping in I love hearing from my bloggy friends!
Katie