Katidids

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It's learning to look past life's imperfections





Looking for knitting updates? Find them here!
Katidids Knits

Be sure and say Hi!

Monday, June 11, 2012

Main Garden Is In!

Better late than never I say.

Onions, early may I’d planted 3 rows and then 2 weeks ago 3 more rows. Carrots and beets are next and a space for a few other rows.Circus Conv Longies 004A few rows of green beans, then cucumberCircus Conv Longies 006

squash, pie & jack-o-lantern pumpkin and on the shaded end pea’s & spinach.I know the chance of any pea’s or spinach this late in the season is slight but if I have enough for salads I’ll be happy

Circus Conv Longies 005

The smaller garden has tomato’s, green peppers the melons.  Watermelon and cantaloupe.

When I got home from San Diego, Larry had the garden tilled and ready to go but, I took a few days to catch-up on other things.  It turned out to be a “day or 2” to many as we had really weird weather.  Either pouring rain or mid 90’s.  To hot to be planting per our local gardeners.  The ground was like concrete even though we have wonderful soil.  So, last week he tilled it again and now it’s planted.  We’ve been fortunate to have a family member who raises rabbits and he’s supplied us with plenty of rabbit poo these past few years. 

Beans and spinach are already sprouting up.

I think this is one of my favorite times in the planting season…watching the new green life breaking through the soil…chick like,  hatching and the struggle to be free.  Silly and whimsical I know but everything is so fresh and new at this point.

It’s been overcast and cloudy all day with rain in the forecast but the sun has been flirting playing hide and go seek. Wonder if I get the hose out if it will rain.  Murphy’s law right?

Have a great day

Katie 

Technorati Tags: ,

2 comments:

  1. Our weather has been strange here too this year so I feel for you. Yesterday the temps were in the 90's and today the high is suppose to only be 64!

    Congrats on getting garden in and good luck that for a plentiful harvest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was -2 here last night! Blimmin' freezin' it were!! Will be planting onions very soon here, on the shortest day, there aboutish! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping in I love hearing from my bloggy friends!
Katie