Katidids

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It's learning to look past life's imperfections





Looking for knitting updates? Find them here!
Katidids Knits

Be sure and say Hi!

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Packing! I lost a Week & Other Stuff

What a busy next few days!  Yesterday I had a run to Louisville, Miss Evie & more applesauce to make.  I think  I ended up with 15 quarts and 37 pints when all’s said and done… for roughly $25.00!  Not bad for purchasing the apples.  Which reminds me, I’m out of small lids & need to pick up more, I want to be ready for more frugal finds!

It’s going to be a crazy busy day, I have Miss Evie today, I need to run to the post office and mail orders. I totally forgot they were closed yesterday for the holiday

I also need to pack.  Remember my birthday gift?

I Leave Thursday…This Thursday!

I thought it was next week!  I somehow have lost a week! Where did the time go! My schedule got thrown off with the applesauce, that was almost 2 days I’d not planned on …..But, my counter is clear! Mr Fix~It helped me carry them all down stairs on my newly (rearranged laundry/storage room) set up shelves. 

OK, I  admit it…I brain burped.  Who looses an entire week!

It’s crazy because I’m excited to go.  I don’t know how many years its been since I’ve seen my Mom & sisters.  I leave the 15th and return on the 20th.  Not a long visit as 2 days are travel (stupid layovers) but 4 days will be wonderful.

Oh, and a week or so ago, someone on my blog roll had a recipe/Tut for making mini pies in jars or glasses.  I’ve seen mini pies in cupcake/muffin tins but I loved the idea of the jars and freezing the servings.  Mr~Fix It loves pie but a whole pie is just to much when he’s the only one eating it. 

So, I have laundry to finish, orders to ship, packing to do, knitting for the plane… and a book to find.  Anyone want to recommend a good book for the flight and layovers?  I’m thinking ‘Where the Heart is” it’s had some very good reviews.  Although… I love people watching at airports.  There is ALWAYS the leopard skin dress, a child on a leash, a mullet or 2 and the exploding suitcase of some poor soul!

OK, I’ve rambled enough!

Oh, be sure and see the pumpkins display over at the Provident Woman, it’s really creative!

What are your plan for the week?

6 comments:

  1. Oh how exciting! You sound very happy about going :) Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh....I just love homemade applesauce, I'll be right there to help you eat it....after I visit with my sister in California. :):)
    I wait for the granny smith's to go on sale and then make up a bunch and freeze it.

    Cheers from Aussie, have a safe trip.

    Gillian
    Ballina, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I never liked the child on a leash - until I had my three. I am seriously considering getting three for our next trip to the grocery store! LOL However, I am still against the leopard print dress. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's hoping you are not the some poor soul whose suitcase explodes! ;o)

    Enjoy every minute of your trip!

    Saying a prayer for safe travel! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister's keeper by Jody Picolt is an ecellent book, so is Sarah's Key (can't remember the auther). I have both & could mail them to you if you would like to read them. Being in a book club I have read so many good books that I would never have picked up before. Have fun! Tell your mom & sister I said Hi!
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for stopping in I love hearing from my bloggy friends!
Katie